Detroit Tool Metal Products (DTMP), an Ironform Company, has recently been certified by Caterpillar Global Purchasing for DTMP’s completion and adherence to the Caterpillar 7 Steps to Weld Excellence (7SWE) standard. By achieving 7SWE certification, DTMP has demonstrated excellence in welding process control through the development and implementation of;
- A quality management system for welding operations
- Certification procedures for the three critical elements of welding – people, processes, and equipment
- Continuous improvement processes
- The use of best practices and improved reliability by standardization
- Continued quality performance by embedding welding into the DTMP APQP process and by using Layered Process Audits
The achievement of 7SWE certification by DTMP is a significant event and distinguishes that DTMP has indeed achieved excellence in welding and has met rigorous standards to become world class.